IslandLives Community History Collection
You are here
View the site: IslandLives
Made possible through a generous private donation, IslandLives contains community and church histories and it builds on the Robertson Library's mission to preserve and share unique material relating to Prince Edward Island and demonstrates UPEI"s ongoing commitment to making PEI"s cultural and published heritage available to all. Welcome.
- Birds of Prince Edward Island
- their habits and characteristics /, Francis Bain., Library also has microfiche copy.
- Births Deaths Marriages 1927-1942
- Births (Dec. 1927 - Dec. 1943) -- Deaths (Jan. 1927 - Sept. 1942) -- Marriages (Aug. 1927 - 1942), Reproduction of original: Charlottetown, P.E.I. : Trinity United Church, 1927-1943. ,  p., History and Archives Committee, Trinity Clifton United Church; 220 Richmond St., Charlottetown, PE, C1A 1J5.
- Board of Stewards 1925-1933 minutes
- Minutes of committee of Stewards and documents and correspondence relating to the operation of the Church., Reproduction of original: Charlottetown, P.E.I. : Trinity United Church, 1925-1933. 201,  p. ; 8 x 13 in., History and Archives Committee, Trinity Clifton United Church; 220 Richmond St., Charlottetown, PE, C1A 1J5.
- Board of Stewards of Trinity United Church 1933-1943 minutes
- Minutes of committee of Stewards., Reproduction of original: Charlottetown, P.E.I. : Trinity United Church, 1933-1943. 200 p. ; 8.25 x 13.5 in., History and Archives Committee, Trinity Clifton United Church; 220 Richmond St., Charlottetown, PE, C1A 1J5.
- Bonshaw, P.E.I
- William M. Glen and Elizabeth A. Glen., Includes index., Introduction, the beginnings of settlement in Lot 30 -- Chapter I: The beginnings of Bonshaw -- Chapter II: Public buildings -- Chapter III: Businesses -- Chapter IV: Industries -- Chapter V: Transportation -- Chapter VI: Houses -- Chapter VII: Newspaper clippings -- Appendix: Other newspaper articles.
- researched compiled and written by Laurel Francis, Debbie K. MacDonald and Valerie Stanley., 1. Introduction -- 2. Early settlement -- 3. Early farm life -- 4. Brackley United Church -- Early religious history -- Brackley United Church -- Community involvement -- 5. The Sherwood Cemetary -- 6. History of Brackley School -- Early education -- Brackley school -- Memoirs of a retired teacher -- 7. Travel and transportation -- 8. Brackley: water capital of P.E.I. -- 9. Women on the go: The P.E.I. Women's Institute -- P.E.I. Women's Institute -- Brackley chapter -- 10. Peculiar episodes in the community of Brackley -- The Callaghan murder - - Prophecy of death -- The mysterious vault -- 11. Modern Brackley -- Present settlers in Brackley -- Appendix: List of informants.
- Brackley Beach Women's Institute
- by Ellen C. Cudmore., "To recognize and commemorate the efforts of the women of Brackley Beach and their legacy of leadership, commitment, co-operation and community spirit"., "Appendix A, An early history of Brackley Point": p.85-91., The Red Cross years 1940-1945 -- Brackley Beach Women's Institute -- Agriculture and tourism -- Federated Women's Institute of Prince Edward Island -- Brackley Beach Women's Institute (continued) -- Community projects -- Brackley Point School No. 166, Queens County -- Brackley Point School Reunion August 7, 1983 -- The Prince Edward Island Rural Beautification Society -- Appendix A: An early history of Brackley Point / Rubert Hall MacCallum -- Appendix B: Excerpts from Women's Institute minutes contributions to Howes Hall epilogue.
- British America
- by John MacGregor.
- Bunbury : notes on a community
- Doug Kelly.
- Burke chronicles
- A. E. Burke] ; edited by Ernest MacDonald., Cover title., Published version of "Histories of parishes of Prince Edward Island" [original typescript 1964 -- typed from mss. material found in the Legislative building and passed to Prof. Blanchard for preservation, Father Burke's letter to the priests -- The mission of St. Augustine's, Rustico -- Mission of S.S. Simon and Jude, Tignish -- Mission of St. Joachim, Vernon River -- Mission of St. Alexis, Rollo Bay -- Mission of St. Columba, East Point -- Mission of St. Margaret, Bear River -- Mission of St. Andrew, St. Andrews -- Cathedral Parish of St. Dunstan, Charlottetown -- Mission of St. Mary, Indian River -- Mission of S.S. Philip and James, Egmont Bay -- Mission of St. Peter, Seven Mile Bay -- Mission of St. John the Baptist, Miscouche -- Mission of St. Peter, St. Peter's Bay -- Mission of St. Bonaventure, Tracadie -- Mission of St. Anne, Hope River -- Mission of St. Mark, Township Seven, Burton -- Mission of St. Theresa, Baldwin's Road -- Mission of St. Malachy, Kinkora -- Mission of St. Mary of the Brae -- Mission of St. Joseph's, Desable, (Kelly's Cross) -- Mission of St. Paul, Sturgeon -- Mission of St. Anne, Township Sixty Five -- Mission of St. Michael, Montague West -- Mission of S.S. Peter and Paul, Summerside -- Mission of St. George, Grand River East -- Mission of St. Francis, Little Pond -- Mission of Holy Magi, Freetown -- Mission of St. Lawrence, Morell -- Mission of St. Bridgit, Township Eleven -- Mission of Immaculate Conception, Wellington -- Mission of St. Thomas, Palmer Road -- Mission of St. Mary, Montague Bridge -- Mission of St. Martin on the South Shore -- Mission of All Saints, Cardigan -- Mission of Sacred Heart, Alberton -- Mission of St. Michael, Corran Ban.
- By land and and by air
- Partial contents: Section 1 : Growing up in Little Sands--Section 2 : Trenton and on to Air Force--Section 3 : Royal Canadian Air Force--Section 4 : Dresden--Section 5 : Prince of Wales College--Section 6 : Dalhousie--Section 7 : Eldon--Section 8 : D.V.A.--Section 9 : Assistant - Q.E.H., A Stewart MacDonald ; edited by Hesta MacDonald, Includes table of contents.