Mackenzie and twenty parishioners driving him from church to church. took turns He visited the church again in 1983 as after an absence of 60 years the parish from this time to ministers Rev. W.J. Patten , and T.D. Purdle . a retired Bishop Others serving 1926 were student Rev. J.E. Purdle In 1923 the old rectory at North Milton was removed except for the kitchen and in 1925 the present one was built through the united efforts of the entire parish. In July 1926, Rev. J.N. Howe became rector but resigned In October of the same year due to ill health, moved to Toronto , and died there soon after. Rev. Charles F . Johnston came to Milton in 1926 and was rector for four years. During his Incumbancy occured the death of Mr. Arthur W. Holroyd who was Rector's Warden at St. John's for over forty years. Descendents of that family still are members of the Parish. It was also during this time that the first women, in the persons of Elsie Hooper and Sophie Home, began attending vestry meetings. The cemetery was enlarged in the summer of 1929 on land generously donated by Mr. W.H. Home . It was again enlarged when more land was purchased on January 14th, 1958 and again in 1986 with the purchase of almost three acres of land. Rev. George Westbrooke came in October, 1930. That year the church was painted and the rectory grounds were enlarged. In 1932 Rev. E.O. Lancaster became rector and remained for six years. In September, 1937, special services were held to mark the Centennial of the establishment of the Mi 1ton- Parish. Rev. W.J. Phillips became rector in the year 1939 but left in 1940 when he was accepted as Chaplain to His Majesty's Forces and went overseas. During the year of 1939, electricity was installed in the rectory and the family of the late Alexander Home of Char lot te town